Oklahoma State: Cannabis Packaging
Oklahoma is a bit of a wild card when it comes to its marijuana laws. Since it is not legal for recreational use and is only legal to those with a medical card, the laws surrounding packaging may differ if compared to states like Washington. Nevertheless we are here to provide an overview of their regulations and guidelines.
It is important to note that the packaging and labeling of marijuana products in Oklahoma might be subject to the regulations for the manufacturing, packaging and label of general food items. Please be sure to check Oklahoma’s OAC (Oklahoma Administrative Code) for further clarification and guidance.
All packaging is subject to compliance with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act. Per this act, all medical marijuana dispensaries reserve the right to refuse any product that is not compliant with state regulations.
General Packaging Requirements
The following are the general requirements for medical marijuana packaging in Oklahoma state:
- Basically, the packages should be designed to be as minimally appealing to minors and should only be depicting the general ideas such as the business name and the information about the product that is being sold.
Here are some examples that you should stray away from:
- False advertising is prohibited (i.e. stating the curative properties or any other medical claims).
- Packages and labels must refrain from infringing or cause reasonable doubt as to whether the medical marijuana product is a trademarked product with the federal government.
Similar to Washington State, Oklahoma has their own required information/statements that should be printed on the medical marijuana label. They are as follows:
- The amount of THC/CBD that is in the product being sold
- The terpenoid potency of the product being sold
- In addition to the potencies, the following government statements must be printed on the label:
- “This product has been tested for contaminants”
- “Women should not use marijuana or medical marijuana products during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects”
- “Keep out of reach of children”
Child Resistant Packaging:
Similar to any medical product, medical marijuana must be packaged in a child-resistant manner with the following guidelines in mind:
- Packages should be difficult to open for people under the age of 5
- Color of package should be solid and not transparent so the product cannot be seen without opening
- Package should be resealable as to maintain its child-resistant nature
The OAC also has the following guidelines for medical marijuana packaging:
- Ensure that all written material is easily readable to consumers
- Recommended to use a 6-point font at the bare minimum
- All labels should be on the front of the packaging and not on the inside
- Packages that are small in nature can use an information panel to display all the required information (peel back label, hangtag etc.)
Custom Cones: Packaging Done Right.
Here at Custom Cones USA we provide a variety of custom packaging options that are all compliant with Massachusetts regulations and guidelines. Here are some of what we offer!
These tubes come in both 116mm and 90mm. Specially designed to house a 1 gram pre-roll or two half-gram pre-rolls! These tubes are in fact child resistant and are made right here in the USA. These tubes come in a variety of colors and we can print your own designs on these to stand out compared to your competitors! Find out more information about these Custom Pre-Roll Pop Top Tubes here.
These custom cigarette boxes are perfect for those who want endless options. These custom boxes can be printed on a variety of materials from gloss to matte to metallic or even UV! Differentiating yourself from other brants is vital to your success which is why these boxes can be printed with your own design! In addition, they can be altered to fit different quantities of pre-rolls. Find out more information about these Custom Pre-roll Push Packs here.